Re : Workshop Summary

Jean Parpaillon jean.parpaillon at free.fr
Wed Oct 25 04:12:13 EDT 2017

Hi all,
Le mercredi 25 octobre 2017 à 07:50 +0000, Andrew.Deane at bet365.com a
écrit :
> Morning.
>

> 1.
> We’re in the middle of sorting the licensing. The removal of the GPL
> is the current focus.
>
> 2.
> No one has mentioned the removal of solr. The discussion point was
> around if solr is to be retained what is the development cost to the
> community, and
>  who would pick it up.

I agree with Andrew. IIRC, we've mentioned that indexation topic should
be improved and that SOLR may not be the best solution in a longer
term, also because it is not directly integrated (language, external
component...).
In my company, we are interested in integrating  a new protocol on top
of riak (gRPC ? bert-rpc ?) that would help both integrating external
components (including search/indexing engines) and basic querying in a
more efficient way that today HTTP.Anyway, before that, I suppose
priorities are to 1/ identify one or 2 baselines (stable, devel ?) and
2/ upgrade to a more recent OTP version.

> Thanks,
>
> Andy.

Regards,Jean

> Andrew Deane
>

> Systems Development Manager - Middleware
>

> Hillside (Technology) Limited
>

> andrew.deane at bet365.com
>

> bet365.com

Jean Parpaillon