Workshop Summary

Carlos Baquero Moreno cbm at di.uminho.pt
Wed Oct 25 06:34:49 EDT 2017

Hi Russell and all,

I noticed the reference to offer G-sets (assuming its grow only sets) in an upcoming release. Would it make sense to also support grow only maps?

I know that there are already add-wins recursive maps in Riak, but it requires all that causal context management that add-wins sets also require. In contrast a grow only map could be useful for simpler use cases that do not need deletion of keys. I recall that I used such a structure to help implement bounded counters on top of it.

Again, not sure if this makes sense, but wanted to suggest it as a natural companion to a G-set.

Best and good work on rebooting Riak,
Carlos

-----
Carlos Baquero