A new home for basho/cuttlefish

Heinz N. Gies heinz at licenser.net
Thu Sep 28 09:45:07 EDT 2017

Martin,
I fully agree. We started the Kyorai org log before it was public knowledge that bet365 (or anyone) would buy the IP of basho and done under the assumption that the basho repository would either be deleted or end up rotting there. The goal was/is to prevent fragmentation and give the community still using the repos a home where they can come together.

That said I think it’ll take some time getting everything back together. The repos there are currently the mirrors of what is on hex, and due to how hard it was to get changes merged to the basho repositories have all diverged to some degree or another. So there is work to be done to get it all back in sync. I can’t speak for the other people who maintain repos on Kyorai (so I suspect they feel the same) but I’d be eager to get it all back together and kill of forks.

Cheers,
Heinz