KV Index Tictac Tree - potential feature proposal for Riak 3.0
martin.sumner at adaptip.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 12:12:08 EDT 2018
One of the design goals around Leveled was to make the production of
anti-entropy trees easier to achieve. Originally I intended this as a
backend feature (i.e. it would be only available in Riak + leveled).
Over the past few months I've worked on KV Index Tictac Tree - which is an
AAE library, that takes some of the ideas from the Leveled/AAE work, and
makes them generally available across other backends.
The library is now ready to share as a working prototype:
The intention is to use this as a building block to provide a drop-in
replacement to existing Riak AAE for Riak 3.0. Anticipated features are:
- Will run in parallel to existing AAE, so can support a controlled
- Can rapidly provide Merkle Trees merged over coverage plans - to make
inter-cluster and inter-database replication much faster and easier to
- Can be run without a dedicated AAE keystore if using the leveled
backend, but still provide equivalent features when using other backends;
- Supports coverage folds across the AAE store per-bucket for reporting
- Will be "always on", so no loss of anti-entropy capability during AAE
- Provides access for Repair functions to the clock differences between
objects, so intelligent repair decisions can be made (e.g. no longer
replicate out of date objects due to hash differences).
Over the next month I want to get this plugged into Riak, and run some
Any feedback appreciated.
P.S. I will be talking about this at CodeBEAM Stockholm -
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the riak-users