[ANN] Riak 2.2.6 release

Nicholas Adams nicholas.adams at tiot.jp
Thu May 31 06:10:43 EDT 2018

Dear All,
Just following up on Russell's email. Packages for KV 2.2.6 are available for Debian, FreeBSD, OSX, RedHat and Ubuntu from https://files.tiot.jp/riak/kv/2.2/2.2.6/

Best regards,

Nicholas

-----Original Message-----
From: riak-users <riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com> On Behalf Of Russell Brown
Sent: 31 May 2018 18:19
To: riak-users <riak-users at lists.basho.com>
Subject: [ANN] Riak 2.2.6 release

Hi,

Riak-2.2.6 has been tagged and will be/is available from the usual outlets (see follow up from Nicholas Adams.)

Riak-2.2.6 has no changes/diffences from riak-2.2.5.

When I tagged riak-2.2.5 I did not notice that there already existed a tag `2.1.7-225` for riak_kv. I created a new tag with the same name. Thankfully all the build/release tools used the new tag, but there is still risk, and confusion, due to the duplicate tag on riak_kv.

Our options were to delete both tags, and re-create the latter tag, which seemed wrong, or create a new tag for riak_kv (at the exact same
SHA) which is what we have done. The new tag is 2.1.7-226.

Creating this new tag meant updating the rebar.config for yokozuna and riak_repl, and riak itself, which led to new SHAs, and new tags for those repos. And that is how we came to have a riak-2.2.6 which is exactly the same code as riak-2.2.5.

I have updated the release wiki instructions to include a step that checks for existing branch/tag with the planned new tag name, so that we don’t do this again.

Cheers

Russell